An absolutely beautiful place to host a wedding in the Texas Hill Country. An inside look at Kindred Oaks.
Kindred Oaks has established itself as one of the most beloved and respected wedding venues in Central Texas, and celebrates over 10 years in the industry!
Kindred Oaks is nestled among 11 wooded acres of pristine Hill Country land right in the middle of where Cedar Park, Leander, Georgetown and Round Rock all converge. Sitting up on a bluff overlooking a beautiful reservoir with a near constant breeze, guests can see the Austin city lights twinkling in the distance. The Texas style estate has over 3,100 square feet of open spaces that include private Bride’s and Groom’s dressing rooms, a designer decorated honeymoon suite and three full baths, in addition to 5 additional outdoor bathrooms.
Our limestone and cedar reception pavilion has 2,300 square feet of decking, complete with ceiling fans, sconces, and two waterfalls that flank a gorgeous cedar and stone gazebo. Adjacent to the pavilion is a 1,400 square foot dance floor with bench seating all around and a one-of-a-kind Texas refreshment bar!
We have a fenced-in children’s play area and ample, lighted parking. While we have lots of photos that show off Kindred Oaks, we are constantly told that they just don’t do the place justice. We invite you to give us a call and set up an appointment and let us show you where the fairy tale begins…
Kindred Oaks is a service company so we thought it would be a good idea to extend to you what that means to us, and ultimately to you.
- One Wedding per day: Why stress out on the one day you have to make a huge difference in your life? Kindred Oaks opens the gate at 1:00 pm for you to come out and RELAX, or have someone out to create your make-up and hair, or decorate, or have lunch, or sit out under a tree and contemplate the day, or, well, you get the idea.
- Experience: Kindred Oaks has been in business since 2003. We have been instrumental in getting over 1,000 brides down the aisle. We’ve seen it all, yet every wedding is unique and we still enjoy each and every one! Don’t leave this one incredibly special day to a place that doesn’t know all the answers to every conceivable hiccup that could occur.
- Tables, Chairs, Extras: We include in our prices, 25 dining tables that can seat up to 10 guests each, 10 long buffet-style tables to use at your discretion, 200 white resin chairs with white pads, 300 brown resin chairs with ivory pads, a myriad of accumulated items such as lanterns, small tables for unity or sand ceremonies, easels, separate antique tables for the cake or gift tables, and a table and linen for the d.j. No extra charge, it’s included.
- Hours: A whole lot of places give you only 4 hours to complete your ceremony and reception and Kindred Oaks allots 5, PLUS the extra time to decorate or take it easy, PLUS getting to stay in the honeymoon suite. This is just part of what we do. No extra charge.
- Overnight Stay: We have one of the very best honeymoon night’s accommodations in the city. We’ve been told we put the Driskill to shame. You’ll get to enjoy the entire 11 acre facility. No one else lives here. The room is huge, it’s gorgeous, it has a self heating Jacuzzi tub, surround-sound music and you get the treat of having a catered gourmet breakfast the next morning. No continental here! The best part? It’s included for no extra charge!
- Rain Plan: This is perhaps one of the most important reasons to book at Kindred Oaks. When asking what the capacity of a location is, ask if that number means that that number of guests will be protected in case of rain, or cold. Kindred Oaks means what it says. Our comfortable maximum is 250 because we know that we can take excellent care of each one of your guests should there be any inclement weather. It’s simply gorgeous. No blank empty room, no standing room only, no cold stone walls, no decorating is even necessary because we’ve already done that part for you! We also have a huge 14’ fireplace to shake off any cold!
- Space: Every guest you invite needs 10 square feet of space so if you have 150 guests and a location tells you they accommodate that but their “hall” has 1000 square feet, they’re yanking your chain. When you go look at a place and they can “accommodate 200 guests”, does that include the dance floor? Does that mean that space is also for the d.j? The cake? The bar? The buffet? The gift table? Kindred Oaks is laid out so that each segment of your reception occupies its own separate space. They’re not in different rooms, and the flow is absolutely perfect! The best part? It’s no charge. It’s included!
- Separate Dance Floor: The dance floor alone, is 1,400 square feet. Most locations allot only about a 15 x 15 space, if they have one at all. Ours is lit with twinkle lights, has a built-in d.j. area, and can be seen by ALL of your guests regardless of whether they decide to dance or not. The best part? It’s no charge and it’s included!
- Bathrooms: You need at the very least, bare minimum, one bathroom per 50 guests. Kindred Oaks provides 3 bathrooms inside the house, with another 5 outside. One is handicapped accessible. This is more important than you think. Where do you think all that water, tea, lemonade, beer and wine that has been consumed, is going to go after a few hours? It’s a little silly to say we don’t charge for this but it’s important to realize that we know how important it is to make your guests feel comfortable and that kind of service is always free!
- Set-up and Clean-up: This part is HUGE. Ask around and find out what they charge and how long it takes to set up your tables, your chairs, place the linens on them, take down the tables, put away the chairs, not only take off all the linens, but bag them and have them picked up, take out all the trash, sweep and mop the floors, well, I think you’re getting the idea. We charge nothing. Nada. It’s included.
- Parking: No guest ever has to walk a long way, or even a short way if they don’t want to, from our parking area. It’s never a free-for-all, it’s manned, lit and there’s plenty for everyone. We drive your guests to the facility in one of two, six passenger golf carts. Our shuttle is available anytime, always at the ready. Ask other facilities if they offer this kind of service. And no, it’s never a charge, always included. Sensing a theme here?
- Choices/ NO kickbacks – EVER: Kindred Oaks prides itself in giving you options. We use only two companies exclusively, and 100% of the time, it’s for a reason other than financial. The bartending company provides our facility a continuity of service as well as carrying liability and licensing. The linen company offers our guests several seasonal discounts that we offer back to you 100% of the time. Why? So we can serve you. We can sign in the deliveries, make sure they are correct, place your linens on the tables for you, clean up after the party is over, and then make sure they all get back to the company, all the while saving you money.
You can bring in any baker, d.j, caterer, musician, florist, or other vendor that you desire, provided they are a full service provider. We charge nothing to allow you to do this. There is no surcharge on alcohol, or any other vendor, there is no kickback for vendors we recommend so you can feel secure in knowing we are recommending the best, not the best at stuffing our wallet. Ask around. See if we’re alone in that.
- The little stuff: We don’t charge a dime to answer questions, answer infinite emails, come for as many visits as you deem necessary, come to as many open houses as you see fit, provide a final checklist meeting to make sure everyone is on the same page, provide a rehearsal for you, pin on a few boutonnieres when no one else remembers to, clean up rose petals, or pick up cigarette butts, or clean up after a messy d.j., or help in a pinch to cut the cake, or bring your gifts in from outside, or keep the bathrooms clean throughout the night, or light candles, gather up decorations at the end of the night to make it easy to load up, or serve up a pitcher of water in case someone is thirsty before the wedding, or aid in bussing a table if it’s getting out of hand, call a cab for a guest or give a car a jump start if it dies when it’s time to go.
Why? Because that’s what Service means. Because we’re there. For You. Always. No charge.
Don’t just listen to what we have to say. Visit our website’s “Raves” page and read for yourself. At any given time, we have at least 6 months worth of wedding thank yous, accolades, and exclamations of “PERFECT!”