Everyone knows that it gets a little warm here in Central Texas during the summer months, but we also know that the weddings do not slow, so if you are tying the knot this summer, here are some tips for keeping your guests cool and pulling off the wedding of the season!
- SUMMER DESSERTS such as ice cream, popsicles, sno cones, strawberry shortcake or even a s’mores bar! Amy’s Ice Cream is an Austin staple and could be a great addition to cake at your summer wedding! Steel City Pops recently opened a new store in the Domain and they cater with an adorable popsicle cart!
- FANS can be a cute addition for guests if your ceremony is outside. It can help give them a little more airflow while you say your vows! You can turn your printed program into a fan! Misting fans can also be a great addition to your outdoor summer wedding as well. We’ve got a misting system installed in our pavilion to cool off the whole room while guests enjoy dinner and toasts. We also offer portable misters for rent to put on the dance floor for $125 each!
- TELL YOUR GUESTS ITS OUTDOORS so they dress for the occasion! Guests will be have a much better attitude about the weather being a tad warm if they know going into the wedding that it is outdoors.
- FLOWERS can be a little more challenging in the heat of the summer, but that doesn’t mean you have to go light, you just have to be aware of flowers that are in season! Talk to your florist for suggestions! If you are still in need of a florist, check out the amazingly talented ZuZu’s Petals!
- COLOR THEMES during the summer can be super bright and fun! We see a lot of brighter colors, as well as lighter colors. Especially if your wedding is outdoors, keeping your colors light and bright will help it seem cooler.
- WATER FOR PRE-CEREMONY available for guests will keep them nicely hydrated for your outdoor ceremony. A cute chest full of mini water bottles are perfect for the ceremony!
- EVENING WEDDING is definitely going to be preferred for your outdoor summer wedding! As the sun sets, it gets cooler, so to keep your guests as cool as possible, we recommend you hold your ceremony later in the evening.
- BEER DONKEYS from Ears with Beers can be a super fun and unique way to serve iced cold beer from their adorable donkeys during cocktail hour! All of your guests will be wanting pictures with these donkeys!
- LAWN GAMES are great entertainment for guests during cocktail hour, as well as later in the evening for the non-dancers in your crowd! Our floral shop, ZuZu’s Petals rents a set of 4 games for $200 and they’ll set them up and tear them down!